The health and safety of Total employees and its business partners is of the highest priority to Total.
Therefore, in relation to the COVID-19 situation and according to the high safety standards of Total Group, Total Petrochemicals issued COVID-19 prevention measures in accordance with the local governmental instructions and the recommendations published by the World Health Organization.
Internal task forces and crisis management teams were formed during the last weeks to pro-actively handle the situation and to make the necessary decisions in everyone’s best interest including:
- Social distancing wherever applicable
- Teleworking implementation for staff including meetings online wherever possible to limit face-to-face human interaction
- Limitation of travelling and meetings for Total Group staff
- Preparation of hygiene guidelines to be shared among our employees and subcontractors
An internal Business Continuity Plan has been also implemented to maintain our sites in operation and to pro-actively ensure, as far as possible, to our valued customers a continuity of supply and services by:
- Regular check of our raw material supply availability and inventory to keep our safety stock at a good level
- Proactive cooperation with our contractors to ensure continuous service to our facilities
- Specific measures to access our facilities, such as questionnaire, protective equipment and other recommended measures,
- Strict respect of the customers unloading instructions communicated to our carriers. Although, it may not always be possible to supply drivers with protective equipment
- Restrict deliveries as per regulation by country,
- Available Customer Service staff to provide our customers with our high standards business services such as order processing, dispatch and logistics doing our best to commit to acceptable delivery date in a COVID-19 situation which could generate delays out of our control.
In this difficult period, Total as a corporate citizen strives to provide the best service to his customers and allocate in the most responsible way its product. We therefore request our valued customers to inform our representative as soon as possible of their needs and submit orders for Total to validate product allocation.